Kids Day America is a free family event to benefit Neighborhood Parents Network of Chicago which will take place this Saturday, May 22, from 10am-1pm at 3100 N. Ashland Avenue, along with the Chicago Mayfest, which lasts the entire weekend. Kids Day America is dedicated to children’s health, safety, and environmental awareness.
Items of interest include:
- Health and scoliosis screenings
- Car seat safety demonstrations by Chicago Police Department
- Mayor Daley’s Safe Routes Ambassadors on Bike Safety
- Prize drawings and giveaways
- Balloons, food, and fun for all ages
- Kids yoga, Kiddie Boot Camp, and Children’s Empowerment Awards Ceremony
This children’s awareness day is another great community-based event in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood that strengthens the community and its involvement. Be sure to mark Sunday morning, May 23, for the Pet Parade at 11am.
Ann Marie Walker, ABR of the Move with Maggie Team